New stock stain selection available for the first time with small minimums. Choose from 10 VOC-free factory finish colors that complement today's design trends.
No matter the job, big or small, StainSelect is the new choice to upgrade your next project.
Columbia Forest Products' Trumann, AR facility is proud to introduce StainSelect™, our new stock stain program. We combined our expertise with factory coatings and our PureBond formaldehyde-free hardwood plywood to create a stock stain program with proven colorations and species that are in demand today. We offer a wide selection from whites to darks and everything in between. With small order quantities available, StainSelect is ideal for smaller closet, fixture and kitchen cabinet jobs in which a factory finish may be preferred and previous stain minimums couldn't be met. The advantage is that real hardwood can now be substituted in areas where "plastic" laminates may typically have been used. Your customers will immediately appreciate the aesthetics that only "real wood" can provide.
StainSelect is your new stained panel solution. Proven. Domestic. Green.
Our experience in delivering over 16 million UV coated panels since 1996 along with our PureBond formaldehyde-free technology allowed us to create a comprehensive stock stain program. With 10 proven color selections and in popular species of Red Oak, Maple and Cherry, we believe we are matching the trends that are in demand today. We offer a wide range from opaque whites to transparent darks and everything in between. With small order quantities available, StainSelect can be specified for closets, fixtures and kitchen cabinet jobs in which a factory finish may be preferred.
- Features and Benefits
- Proven Colors. Matches current trends in melamine and vinyl, along with kitchen cabinet offerings.
- Reduction in labor time. Eliminates production time in the fabricator's finishing process. Increases productivity and efficiency in the shop.
- Reduced emissions. No added VOC emissions. Environmentally-responsible and durable stain product. 100% Solid Stain.
- Columbia quality control. Consistent quality. Repeatable color match process.
- Central finishing facility. Consistent availability. Prompt delivery.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is StainSelect?
StainSelect is Columbia Forest Products' UV staining process that matches the current color trends in kitchen cabinetry, commercial case goods, closets, store fixtures and furniture. StainSelect is a pre-finished, UV-cured, 100% solid stain applied with our state-of-the-art equipment to provide superior quality and consistency.
- How many colors in the offering?
There are 10 proven colors that are in demand today. They range from light and medium wood tones to rich, deep colors plus two light opaque stains.
- What wood products are available for staining with the StainSelect program?
Nearly all of Columbia's wood products are available with stock stains. Panels of 1/4" or thicker may be produced with MDF, PBC or veneer core. Panels thinner than 1/4" are available in PBC or MDF.
- What gloss levels are available through the StainSelect program?
We offer our most popular Satin gloss level (30-40% reflection). Other gloss levels would require 240 panel minimums.
- Are StainSelect samples available?
A set of ten 5"x6" samples on MDF core are currently available from Columbia in an architectural sample box.
- Are there accessories available to match the StainSelect program?
Yes. We have a partnership with quality companies that offer corresponding edge banding and solvent-based stains. This comprehensive program will ensure the end product is one that will perform to your customer's expectations. Please request cross reference chart for StainSelect Program Accessories from your Columbia rep.
- Is there a minimum order required for StainSelect?
Yes. The minimum order for StainSelect staining is 24 sides in three options: 24 stained one side, 24 stained two sides or 24 stained one side and clear UV cured finish on the other.
- Do I have to stain both sides with StainSelect?
No. We can apply UV Clear on one and stain the other, or we can simply stain one side. The same minimum orders will apply.
- Will shop be allowed? What percentage will we allow? Will the shop be separated?
Domestic products will allow up to 20% shop, and it will be separated.
- Finish Thickness Dry : 1.0 - 1.5 mil
- Finish Type : Modified Acrylate
- Colors : 10 available color selections
- % of Solids Applied : 100%
- VOC Emissions : None
- Effect of Water or Solvent : None
- Acetone Wipe Down : Yes
- AWI/NKB/ANSI Standard : Exceeds
- Durability : Excellent
- Necessary Wood Preparation : None
- Gloss Level Options : Satin: 30-40% reflection
- Pass SEFA Certification : Available upon request
- Minimum Order : 24 Stained one side, 24 stained two sides, or 24 clear UV one side and stained on the other.
- Mills Servicing : Trumann, AR
- Suggested Applications : Closet systems, residential kitchen cabinets and casework, retail fixtures, light commercial use.
StainSelect is only offered at our Trumann, AR mill at this time. Please contact your Columbia representative to see if your region can be serviced by that mill.
Product Sheet (PDF)