For Existing Buildings (EB)
Materials and Resources MR Credit 3: Sustainable Purchasing
To reduce the environmental and air quality impacts of the materials acquired for
use in the upgrade of buildings.
Purchases contain at least 10% post consumer or 20% post-industrial material:
- MDF Core
- Particleboard Core
Check with a representative to make sure the composite
panel you specify contains recycled material.
Purchases contain at least 50% rapidly renewable material:
Purchases contain at least 50% FSC® certified wood:
- FSC Certified Veneer Core Hardwood Plywood
- FSC Certified Classic Core Panels
- FSC Certified Europly PLUS Panels
- FSC Certified MDF Core Panels
- FSC Certified Particleboard Panels
Purchases contain at least 50% material harvested and processed or extracted and
processed within 500 miles of the project site:
- Regional wood products - those products extracted, processed and manufactured within
500 miles of the construction site - may count toward LEED MR 5 credit.
Please see our LEED 500 map to see if your project is located near one of our
mills or materials origin. Contact our
LEED AP representatives for help determining the nearest shipping location
to your project.
Composite wood panels and contain no added urea-formaldehyde resins:
- PureBond® Hardwood Plywood
- PureBond Classic Core Panels
- PureBond Europly PLUS Panels
- NAUF MDF Core Panels
- NAUF Particleboard Panels
FSC certified wood products are available upon request.
These points and products were updated July 2011. Please contact a LEED AP or refer
to the USGBC to ensure no credit
or system certification changes have occurred.
The LEED® green building certification program is the nationally accepted benchmark
for the design, construction, and operation of green buildings. USGBC® and related
logo is a trademark owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and is used with